Friday, September 20, 2013

birthday favor idea for boys

Jaxon's birthday is tomorrow and he will be 6 years old. However, he will be celebrating with classmates today at school. I wanted to make something gender neutral that all the kids can enjoy! Who doesn't like furry fuzzy things at this age right? I made these monster pencils.

You can purchase 'craft fur' from Michaels for $1.99 and the googly eyes too. I was able to get 8 out of one sheet of fur. I used a hot glue gun to adhere the fur to the pencil.


I used No. 2 pencils that came in silver. Score! You can buy them at Target and they come 10 a pack. I paid about $2.50 or so? I forget the exact price.


I used lollipop treat bags for the packaging. Also from Michaels. Instead of using the twisty ties they come with, I jazzed it up with washi tape for closure. I printed out little tags on cardstock and attached them to the tape.


I found these cool 'glow in the dark' mustaches that came 6 to a pack at Target in the $1.00 section.
I decided to repackage them 2 to a person, and I printed my own packaging.


I slid them into clear bags and closed off with washi tape.
I hope the kiddies have fun with these!