Friday, September 13, 2013

Roadtrip (Part 3)

 Have you ever been to the Marin Country Mart Farmer's Market held every Saturday morning in Larkspur, California? If you live in the Bay Area, I highly recommend it. This is the best farmer's market I have ever been to. Everything is truly locally grown, and every single thing we had was delicious!

We came here mainly to buy fruits and indulge in some breakfast and to also buy lunch for our after hike picnic. We were going to hike up to  Point Bonitas Lighthouse later that day.
Rustic Bakery stand
We grabbed croissants from Rustic Bakery  and they were to die for! I would say the best croissants I've had in my life! I was in heaven. My kids devoured the ham and cheese croissant too. I also had bites of their homemade bread pudding my father-in-law purchased, and it was oh so yummy! They even served coffee from Stumptown Roasters originally from Portland, Oregon. What a great compliments to our pastries!

We also nibbled on fresh fruits and tomatoes too and they were so so sweet! The juices from Pressed Juicery had the best combinations, such as watermelon mint lime.  They tout 5 pounds of produce in every 16-ounce bottle! No wonder I felt so rejuvenated! My mother-in-law got the meyer lemon yogurt from St. Benoit Creamery which makes French-style yogurt from organic milk. Their yogurts are served in the cutest old-fashioned style glass containers.



Marin Country Mart inner playground made of natural wood. 
  We bought the freshest smoked salmon from  Santa Rosa Seafood  and baguettes from Rustic Bakery and grilled cheese sandwiches from The Farmers Wife to eat for lunch. Yum! Stay tuned for my post about our hike to Point Bonitas Lighthouse!