Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bits of Whimsy

I have been working nightly on items to be sold at a holiday boutique targeting children.
It is a 3 day event where the children come in with cash-in-hand ready to purchase handmade gifts for their friends and loved ones... Although often times I see them buying items for themselves. So cute!
The challenge I am faced with every year is that all items are to be sold for $5 and under.
However, limitations seem to bring out the best in me. I focus on quality and think about what it is that would make the children smile. I am fortunate to have my Maya and Jaxon...The perfect little critiques.
They are great indicators in what they think is cute or cool!

Adopt a little monster that comes with a handmade paper woven baskets as their home.


Hand painted beech wood spoons.

Ice cream hair clips

Handmade bookmarkers with retro prints.

Faux bois backing.

Handmade key chains made with recycled 80s vinyl.

Holiday pom pom hair clips.


These are only several examples of what I have in store.
Each item will only come in select quantities.
Stay tuned for more fun things to come!